Disk fullness estimation?

• OMV keeps a pretty nice track of disk utilization under Performance statistics, and i also assume that those data are pretty granular as well. Probably there should be way how to use that information to estimate how long will it take to fill up my storage so i can plan an expansion sufficiently in advance.. Can somebody point into the direction which tools to use for that?

Unfortunately it seems that the folder /var/lib/openmediavault/rrd is just a bunch of png images and i cannot get any data out of those

SuperMicro CSE-825, X11SSH-F, Xeon E3-1240v6, 32 GB ECC RAM, LSI 9211-8i HBA controller, 2x 8 TB, 1x 4 TB, 1x3TB, MergerFS+SnapRAID

Powered by Proxmox VE

• Probably there should be way how to use that information to estimate how long will it take to fill up my storage so i can plan an expansion sufficiently in advance.

How can anything predict your future data consumption rate?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• that one is extremely simple actually, its just a (free capacity / average daily deltas) for a long enough period of time. the question is where do i get those daily deltas

SuperMicro CSE-825, X11SSH-F, Xeon E3-1240v6, 32 GB ECC RAM, LSI 9211-8i HBA controller, 2x 8 TB, 1x 4 TB, 1x3TB, MergerFS+SnapRAID

Powered by Proxmox VE

• that one is extremely simple actually, its just a (free capacity / average daily deltas) for a long enough period of time. the question is where do i get those daily deltas

Nothing built into OMV for this use case that I am aware of.

You might be able to extract that data from the RRD databases that the Diagnostics | Performance Statistics | Disk Usage is already collecting, but you would have to write that code yourself. Read up on RRDTool: https://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdtool.en.html

But this question comes up often enough that is being discussed on various fora. Here is one thread on the matter:

Calculating Rate of Change on Disk Volumes - Nagios Support Forum

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• where is the RRD database located on OMV?