OMV-sensors doesn't work anymore since last update (1.0.19)

• Hello,

Since the plugin update (1.0.19) I'm unable to display the temperature's graphs. Before the update all was working fine. Since it was possible to display more information such as CPU, Core, MB Temp I've tried it and it broke the graphs. I've read a lot of past posts relating problems with OMV-sensors and tried to fix it but nothing worked. I have to admit that I don't understand a lot of these operations neither.

OMV version 2.1.17
    OMV-sensor version 1.0.19
    CPU Intel C2750
    MB ASRock C2750D4I

If anyone could help me that'd be awesome!

• I have this plugin running on my setup with the same board so I would like to help but I am not at home right now but maybe later. Mine works most of the time with motherboard and CPU temp. The core temps worked fine without doing anything but I had to add some text to a file to be able to get the CPU and motherboard sensor to work.

• The problem I have when I reboot the computer. Go button on the sensor, turn it off, save. Turn it on again, save. Do not forget to take over the changes wait. Now update the graphs should work.

Hardware: Asrock H97 Performance, Intel I3 4160, G.Skill F3-1600C11S-8GNT (8gb Ram), be quiet Pure Power L8 300W,
    Kingston SSDNow V300 2,5" SSD 120 GB, Western Digital Red 3x4tb,1x4tb HGST Deskstar Nas

Software: Openmediavault 2.1.20, 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64, Snapraid mit Aufs Pool, Minidlna, Plex, MySql, ClaimAV, Powertop und Sonstiges

• Yes that is also what I am doing but some times mostly after updating from the webgui the sensors stops to get any values and then I have to disable and enable the plugin again. That is pretty annoying.

Edit: Sorry about the long waiting time.
    I have found it.
    I had to add this to /etc/modules
    w83627ehf

Code
    nano /etc/modules

Put this in the bottom of the file:

Code
    # CPU and MB Sensors
    w83627ehf

Then Reboot

Now try to disable and enable the plugin. but only the CPU temp and the motherboard temp.
    The Fan part won't work.

• Sorry for the reboot issues, this is fixed now and will be in the next update.

@benitude and @henkall
    If you are having problems with hardware not being found post a reply here Temperature CPU?
    If you look through that thread it should give you an idea of the info I need to debug any issues.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Is here a current HOWTO for getting Temperature and Fan sensors added into OMV?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• What repo needs to be enabled to be able to install the plugin?

Nevermind - I found it.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Sorry for the reboot issues, this is fixed now and will be in the next update.

@benitude and @henkall
    If you are having problems with hardware not being found post a reply here Temperature CPU?
    If you look through that thread it should give you an idea of the info I need to debug any issues.

Sorry for the reboot issues, this is fixed now and will be in the next update.

Just wanted to report it's working correctly for me.

OMV 6.x
    Supermicro X9DRH-7F
    2X-XEON E5-2660V2
    128GB PC3-10600R ECC REG
    Supermicro SATA DOM 64GB
    Areca ARC-1883IX-24
    24X - WD WD80EFZX
    NORCO RPC-4224 4U
    Eaton 5PX 1500

• I pupgraded to 1.0.20 and it works now! Thanks a lot jhmiller

@benitude

I have an ASRock C2550D4I MB, which is similar or identical to your C2750D4I except for the CPU core count.

Are you able to get the MB Temp to display or just the CPUs? What about fans - some, all, none?

--

• hello,

I've been looking for this plugin everywhere and cannot find it, how do I go about installing it as I've been googling for hours getting really frustrated!

Sorry if its a stupid question but I've been searching and just cannot find how :(

• hello,

I've been looking for this plugin everywhere and cannot find it, how do I go about installing it as I've been googling for hours getting really frustrated!

Sorry if its a stupid question but I've been searching and just cannot find how :(

You need to install OMV-Extras then select the "download Managers testing" repo, the plugin will then show in the list of available plugins.

• I have not looked at how to do that yet but may do in the future. Glad you like it and it is working ok for you.

• My dashboard skills are not good but have managed to knock-up this.

Maybe another Dev could give advice on how to just have the temps and not the graphs shown??

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could use php to parse the output of sensors and put each value into an array that you return to the web interface. Kind of like this function.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have added it and updated so it should now showup as an update.
    I may in the future chance it based on @ryecoaaron's info (thanks)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!