Monitoring: missing disk IO statistic values since update 4.19.0-0.bpo.1

• https://github.com/collectd/collectd/issues/2951 -> Could that be the problem?

Is there someone who has the same issue?

BR/FJ

Yepp, same here.
    No more Disk I/O since second half of January 19. Neither for raid nor nvme drive.
    Only NaN Values arr being displayed and I today I got a monit alert: Does not exists collectd, restart, process is not running

B.R.
    M

Edit – just a quick note:
    To verify FJW's hint I tried downgrading to kernel 4.18 (backport) - the result are as expected: Disk I/O starts to work again but since VirtualBoxes and Plex won't start anymore this doesn't even count as a workaround.
    Seems like I'll have to wait for an updated collectd package.

• Hi !

Same here since 4.19 too... :(

Lian Li PC-V354 with Be Quiet! fans | ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | 1xCrucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC
    1xADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads | 4xWD 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    Powered by OMV v5.6.13 / Linux kernel 5.10.0

• Plugin diskstats 4.0.4-1 re-installation does not help.
    (graph attached)

any hints on how to fix it?

Roll back to kernel 4.18 or wait for a required upstream fix to collectd (collectd is not maintained by OMV).

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 16GB ECC RAM.

• Any update to this?

5.8 is on Buster and collectd themselves put out 5.9 in June, but we're still on 5.7?

OMV 4.x - D975XBX2 - Xeon X3220 - 4GB ECC Samsung DDR2 800MHz - Syba SI-PEX40064 SATA3 Card - 64GB Drevo SSD Boot Drive - Other drives...work in progress :rolleyes:

• Any update to this?

5.8 is on Buster and collectd themselves put out 5.9 in June, but we're still on 5.7?

OMV uses whatever package is in Debian's repos. Updating to a newer package may break something. Backup your system and try install the 5.8 package from buster if you need this.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I managed to make it work here:

Follow the steps here (https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/First_steps) to compile a newer version of collectd, but compile in /root/tmp so it wont get erased. I used the collectd-5.8.1.tar.bz2 package here.

Then rename your current and defective disk.so plugin: mv /usr/lib/collectd/disk.so /usr/lib/collectd/disk.so.old.

At last copy the new compiled version of the plugin: cp /root/tmp/collectd-5.8.1/.libs/disk.so /usr/lib/collectd/

Restart the collectd service: systemctl restart collectd.

Hope it helps.

• I upgraded these two packages from buster. No problems.

collectd 5.8.1-1.3

collectd-core 5.8.1-1.3

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 16GB ECC RAM.

collectd 5.8.1-1.3

collectd-core 5.8.1-1.3

Hye, how did you do that? With mgruber4 instructions?

Thanks

Linux openmediavault 4.15.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.15.11-1~bpo9+1 (2018-04-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    hp proliant N40L 8GB ram on 64GB flashAMD Turion(tm) II Neo N54L Dual-Core Processor
    More abut me: http://www.etiennebretteville.com

collectd 5.8.1-1.3

collectd-core 5.8.1-1.3

have you ever resolved the problem? i have tried upgrade collectd to 5.8.1, but there still no data in the graph.

I got the reason.
    I just use the new collectd config file, so disk.conf has been changed. After reinstall openmediavault and openmediavault-diskstats, all works.

• Hello, same here.

I'm using OMV on HP Microserver N54L (AMD Turion)

May be flashmemory plugin cause the issue?

• Is this the wrong forum or can i contact the author of the plugin or is he active in this forum?

The author of that plugin is the author of OMV itself. votdev is active on the forum. I don't use the plugin myself so i can't help you.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!