Trouble Running Filezilla using Portainer

• I got OMV 5 running on my raspberry pi and I'm trying to give access to my 2 uncles that want to trade music files with my father. After some searching I landed on using Filezilla and I have enabled SFTP . Being new to OMV I found myself using a video from TechnoDadLife on how to install and use Filezilla but I'm having trouble using portainer. The video uses Docker but a docker-gui plugin that seems to be unavailable for my current version of OMV. I read that Portainer essentially does the same thing that the docker-gui plugin does but I followed the video and documentation for using both Portainer and Filezilla and performed the Portainer equivalent to what I saw in the video, in addition to entering in the shell commands for Filezilla when the Portainer method does not work, but I had hit a wall. One of the steps has me open Filezilla using my ip address with a port number of my choosing or simply type in 0.0.0.0:portnumber or click the link that is under Published Ports in Portainer in the container list, however when I try either of these methods I'm brought to a page that says "the site can't be reached". I refresh the portainer page or reload the container list and the container has stopped running. Does anyone know where I went wrong or how to get Filezilla running on OMV 5?

• Offizieller Beitrag

EDIT: just noticed that the used image is for x86-64 and not for arm, so you need to check if there is an arm image for the RPi and adjust accordingly.

I use this docker-compose file

You can run it in portainer

[How-To] Use docker-compose files in Portainer

After the docker is up, you can reach filezilla from the browser

ip.of.your.nas:5800

• I was able to successfully install portainer, but I don't fully understand your instructions. Is there even an arm version for Filezilla? I can't find any. Or does portainer make jlesage/filzilla which is amd64 somehow work?

• You cannot run docker images compiled for one architecture on another architecture. Portainer doesn't have anything to do with this.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I got OMV 5 running on my raspberry pi and I'm trying to give access to my 2 uncles that want to trade music files with my father. After some searching I landed on using Filezilla and I have enabled SFTP . Being new to OMV I found myself using a video from TechnoDadLife on how to install and use Filezilla but I'm having trouble using portainer. The video uses Docker but a docker-gui plugin that seems to be unavailable for my current version of OMV. I read that Portainer essentially does the same thing that the docker-gui plugin does but I followed the video and documentation for using both Portainer and Filezilla and performed the Portainer equivalent to what I saw in the video, in addition to entering in the shell commands for Filezilla when the Portainer method does not work, but I had hit a wall. One of the steps has me open Filezilla using my ip address with a port number of my choosing or simply type in 0.0.0.0:portnumber or click the link that is under Published Ports in Portainer in the container list, however when I try either of these methods I'm brought to a page that says "the site can't be reached". I refresh the portainer page or reload the container list and the container has stopped running. Does anyone know where I went wrong or how to get Filezilla running on OMV 5?

change aproach, use winscp instead, no need to use docker.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!