Installing Plex Server problems

• Okay so i'm trying to install the Plex server on my OMV running on a Raspberry Pi 4 via docker and portainer. As far as i'm aware, everything is up to date. All updates are done and everything else is working just fine.

I started by following this video on Youtube.

After doing this and not being able to access the Plex server, i looked on this forum and the log files and discovered my issue was:

Starting Plex Media Server.

libc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::__2::system_error: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) failed: Operation not permitted

After more digging around, this i hoped was going to be fixed via:

And it was, however i now have a new error in the log file which is:

Please help, i'm losing the will to live here. I'm a 44 year old linux noob with VERY basic knowledge. If you need any extra information, i'll be more than happy to provide it.

Thank you.

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Suggest to follow this guide:

[How-To] Install Plex Media Server (PMS) container using OMV and docker-compose

if you have issues, post your docker-compose file you were using (either in CLI or in Portainer).

Regarding the other issue:

https://docs.linuxserver.io/faq

• Thank you. I’ll give that method a try over this weekend.

Is there a way to “roll back” what I have done and start a fresh? I can delete the plex container easy enough but what about the backport/libsec stuff? Do I need to?

• Thank you. I’ll give that method a try over this weekend.

Is there a way to “roll back” what I have done and start a fresh? I can delete the plex container easy enough but what about the backport/libsec stuff? Do I need to?

I created "Stack" file and used it to install Plex server in Portainer. Substitute my "volumes" with yours. Hope this help.

• I have fixed the problem. Well not fixed but, it’s working. The NEW ERROR can apparently be ignored. It’s caused by Plex looking for a tv tuner. Not sure how to turn it off other than buy a usb tuner perhaps :rolleyes: but I’m in no rush to do that.

So in conclusion, you can install plex just like the video says but then do the libseccomp2 fix as mentioned earlier and yep, that’s it. All working sweetly.

Thank you everyone for your help. :)

• KillrBill

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!