OMV 6 Release

• Any news for Release of Version 6 :)

7.0.4-2 (Sandworm) // ASRock J5040-ITX with Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver J5040 CPU @ 2.00GHz // be quiet! ATX 500W (BN46) // 2x4GB Samsung M471A5244BB0-CRC

Fractal Design Node 304 // 4-Port PCIE to SATA 3.0 ControllerCard // 1x 128GB SSD for OS and 2x 4TB, 1x 5TB and 3x 8TB HDD as one big fuse.mergerfs space (no need for raid parity)

• Offizieller Beitrag

And if you use omv-extras plugins, I am really struggling motivating myself to work on porting them to OMV 6.x. Sorry. I have no idea when that will change. Probably when work stops sucking.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And if you use omv-extras plugins, I am really struggling motivating myself to work on porting them to OMV 6.x. Sorry. I have no idea when that will change. Probably when work stops sucking.

You want me to tell you about my night last night? A guy was upset his pocket protector was taken (why I have no idea, they have them on commissary)... so he decided his penis was a better place to keep an ink pen .. :). So I had to hang out w/ him for 4hrs in medical as he argued about getting it removed..lol (I'm not even getting into how far he shoved that thing in there... I really thought I was gonna have to go pull a gun and take him to the hospital). I've had guys give me lots of different reasons for this behavior... but his was by far the most original. We ended up taking a lot more than his pocket protector after that, like his shoes. Thankfully, he didn't start kicking himself in the balls.

Oh yeah, super flu is coming back and rearing it's ugly head.

Feel better?

Edit: Seriously.. I know what it's like to be in a funk. I wish I knew more about this stuff so I could help you with it.

• i've never thought about storing a pen in my penis. i think i would choose my anus before my penis. and i'm not storing my pen in my anus, so....

btw, i'm a somewhat newer omv user, been trying to follow the omv6 development, as i installed it just to test it and i love the interface. but i decided to register for the forums just now, just to make the above comment about pen storage solutions.

are you at MCRD san diego? the airforce is too smart to do that, the army would wuss out, and the navy, their pen is in their bunkmate. coastguard still hasn't learned what a pen or penis is yet, and besides, not sure where you'd find a gun around them. :)

(if you couldn't tell, i was air force) :)

• And if you use omv-extras plugins, I am really struggling motivating myself to work on porting them to OMV 6.x. Sorry. I have no idea when that will change. Probably when work stops sucking.

I use the encrypt plugin from omv-extras.

It means I can't upgrade? Without encryption I won't use it

• Offizieller Beitrag

LOL, no.. Psych unit.

I've seen that sort of thing multitudes of times. His reasoning, is what I found alarming (ie, hilarious).. as that was a new one. It's always anger, irritation about something, etc... but his reasoning just struck me as hilarious. Then the entire time he's arguing about it being removed. They usually don't hold out that long.. it was just one of those nights.

• And if you use omv-extras plugins, I am really struggling motivating myself to work on porting them to OMV 6.x. Sorry. I have no idea when that will change. Probably when work stops sucking.

Do you mean that Portainer, Docker will not be available in OMV6 ?. If that is the case, then this would be a killer for me as I use MariaDB with Kodi.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you mean that Portainer, Docker will not be available in OMV6 ?. If that is the case, then this would be a killer for me as I use MariaDB with Kodi.

The docker plugin is done, and you can install Portainer from there. Portainer is not really a plugin, he just made a container easy to install with the push of a button

Even if he dropped the plugin, docker is very easy to install from command line and installing Portainer with docker-compose is just as easy.

• The docker plugin is done, and you can install Portainer from there. Portainer is not really a plugin, he just made a container easy to install with the push of a button

Even if he dropped the plugin, docker is very easy to install from command line and installing Portainer with docker-compose is just as easy.

Thanks for clarification. I was just wondering if I will have to install Docker, Portainer manually in Debian or I will still be able to do it through OMV GUI.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't say I wasn't going to port things. Just slow. omv-extras (which is used to install docker and portainer) is already done.

omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x

• I will soon launch my new server, I already have the hardware. Of course I would like to use OMV again.

Since the release of OMV6 is currently scheduled for Q4/2021, I have some questions:

• I suppose currently I should still be using OMV5?
    • Will there be an update path from version 5 to version 6?
    • When will OMV5 be EOL?

HP ProLiant Microserver Gen8 G1610T / 8GB RAM / 2x6TB + 2x4TB

• Offizieller Beitrag

I suppose currently I should still be using OMV5?

YES

Will there be an update path from version 5 to version 6?

most likely yes

When will OMV5 be EOL?

based on previous releases: some month (~3-6) after OMV6 has been labeled as "stable"

• Offizieller Beitrag

based on previous releases: some month (~3-6) after OMV6 has been labeled as "stable"

If “stable” is 60-90 days out we may be looking at six to nine months left for OMV5. I am just not in any big hurry to leave it. OMV6 is interesting but OMV5 does every thing I want it to do. Until it is no longer maintained I’m staying put.

I don’t know if it’s the excitement of the “new” or the fear of migrating that rules the interest in the next OMV coming down the road, but one thing is sure: OMV6 will arrive when it is ready and this forum will be there to assist in the transition. Enjoy what you have today and be patient. Just call me Socrates.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can only harvest when the grain is ripe.

:thumbup:

• IMHO OMV 6 runs very well despite it's early development state.

Only issue I had was that the execution policy is not handled correctly by SAMBA or OMV on the shares, so you can't execute files directly from the shares (even in Windows). But that can be handled by the workaround adding "acl allow execute always = yes" to "Extras" of the share for now.

Running OMV 6 shaitan on Debian 11 Bullseye together with pi-hole and miniDLNA without issues so far. To get that running, lighttpd has to be installed first (before OMV) and pi-hole has to be set to another port.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!