[Help me] Plex installed with Yacht: errors [Help me]

• Hi at all!

After some problems, fortunately solved, on my RAID I had to recreate the docker container of my Plex installation.

Looking the log at the end of the container creation, there are some errors that I cannot resolve:

Can anyone give me some help to fix them?

Plex works, but I would still like to fix these errors ;)

Thanks in advance to those who want to help me!

• User UID must be 1000 or 1001 (the UUID of the docker user that you MUST create on OMV webGUI

if is the first user that you create UID = 1000 if is the second =1001 , etc..

Please post your plex.yaml file that you use on portainer stack to revise

And see my signature to see how to install plex in host mode.

• We need to see the compose; i dont know what these errors means, but i think there's an error inside the configuration.

For example, this is my compose:

• This is mine just in case you need to discard every line NVIDIA if you do not have this GPU.

• shecky66

Hat den Titel des Themas von „[Help me] Plex installed with Portainer: errors [Help me]“ zu „[Help me] Plex installed with Yacht: errors [Help me]“ geändert.
  • Thanks at all!

First of all a clarification: I did not use Portainer but Yacht to create the Plex container.

Thanks to macom I discovered that the libusb_init failed error isn't an error because I don't have a USB tuner, but an HD HomeRun Connect DUO.

For raulfg3 :

this morning when the server was restarted, Plex updated to release 1.25.0.5246 and, in the log, the error related to the UUID disappeared.

In any case, this is the installation data found on Yacht:

Davide

Admin and webmaster of
    logo_JQITA.png

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von shecky66 ()

• raulfg3 i'm waiting your revision 8o

ok, 1 - help a lot to post a plex.yaml file instead scrennshot

2 - please create a Video folder on /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault.local-RAID/Video

3 - copy all your multimedia folders on it, so you can have only a reference for all

eg: /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault.local-RAID/Video/film ; /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault.local-RAID/Video/SerieTV ; etc...

4 - create if do not exist a user in OMV webGUI to use with plex, this user must be UID=1000 change it to your case.

5 - delete your actual plex docker in yatch ( do not delete yatch, only plex docker)

6 - install portainer.

7 - Go yo portainer Stack tab:

push the +Add button

8 - copy and paste this plex.yaml file

9 - use plex as name of the stack

and use button deploy stack:

Wait a bit.

now you have a working plex docker.

remember to find your media on PLEX app on /data , not in /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault.local-RAID

and plex must work as expected.

• Offizieller Beitrag

2 - please create a Video folder on /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault.local-RAID/Video

Just to clarify: This folder should be created as shared folder from the GUI of OMV. That way permissions and ownership are set correctly.

And you get UID and GID by using id <username> in the CLI.

• 1 - help a lot to post a plex.yaml file instead scrennshot

Sorry raulfg3 but I didn't have a yaml file available having installed with Yacht.

Zitat

3 - copy all your multimedia folders on it, so you can have only a reference for all

eg: /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault.local-RAID/Video/film ; /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault.local-RAID/Video/SerieTV ; etc...

Is it really necessary to create a single folder and then create subfolders inside?

Zitat

4 - create if do not exist a user in OMV webGUI to use with plex, this user must be UID=1000 change it to your case.

You mean by this OMV panel?

Because I don't see where to enter the UID...
    Also shouldn't the user be created inside the container?

For the rest everything is very clear, thanks!

• raulfg3 forget the question about the user.

I created it by OMV WebGUI, and it has the correct permissions.

Command id 'whoami' returns uid=1000(plexUser) gid=100(users) gruppi=100(users).

Just to clarify: This folder should be created as shared folder from the GUI of OMV. That way permissions and ownership are set correctly.

To the newly created user I have assigned read and write permissions to the new folder, as well as to the /config folder by OMV WebGui.
    This is correct?

• Offizieller Beitrag

To the newly created user I have assigned read and write permissions to the new folder

Where? Do you mean privileges in the GUI of OMV or in the CLI on filesystem level?

as well as to the /config folder by OMV WebGui.

Which folder do you mean (by OMV WebGui)?

• In the end it is very simple:

use folders for storage of the media created as shared folders in the GUI of OMV

use a user that is created as user in the GUI of OMV

and it just works

macom exactly what I meant and did. ;)

I have given at the new user read and write permissions for all new shared folders that I will use for Plex (/config, /plexmedia and /transcode).

All (users and folders) were created with OMV WebGUI.
    And permissions too.

• Plex reinstalled as you suggested.

Everything seemed to work correctly but this morning, at restart, RAID system was not mounted as it had in the previous days (see >> HERE <<).

I then ran the fsck /dev/md0 command again and once again a multitude of errors within the Plex /config folder.

I proceeded to fix all errors and then reboot the system.

The Raid system was mounted correctly but the initial Plex configuration is completely gone and I was forced to a new initialization... ||

• Offizieller Beitrag

I then ran the fsck /dev/md0 command again and once again a multitude of errors within the Plex /config folder.

I proceeded to fix all errors and then reboot the system.

The Raid system was mounted correctly but the initial Plex configuration is completely gone and I was forced to a new initialization...

This is either related to the use of SMR drives in the array, as per your raid thread or it's related to how Yacht is deploying the container.

At this point I would delete any config files that have been created and follow the suggestions posted by raulfg3 and Thormir84 and use Portainer, create a stack then deploy the container. If this procedure errors the same as your Yacht install then the issue is related to the drives within the array.

• At this point I would delete any config files that have been created and follow the suggestions posted by raulfg3 and Thormir84 and use Portainer, create a stack then deploy the container. If this procedure errors the same as your Yacht install then the issue is related to the drives within the array.

Exactly what I did geaves :P

In addition, I moved the /config folder from the RAID to another HD present in the OMV system.

Now let's see what happens ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!